Old 06-10-2005, 01:56 PM

Default How to remove glued on pebbles?

I recently received a "mallsai" bonsai tree and the first thing i
noticed were the glued on pebbles covering the soil. It's a juniper
bonsai. I have done enough research to know this is not a healthy
environment for the tree to be in and it needs to be removed very soon.
What i need to know is what is the safest way to removed these glued
on pebbles without damaging the tree or putting it into shock. After
these pebbles are removed, should it be repotted or will fresh soil and
a moss covering be sufficient to maintain a healthy tree? Please help.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Kitsune Miko

I have only done this once as my friends know better than to give me a malsai. I bought it myself because it was a wonderful little grape with a 1.5 inch tapering trunk. What I did was submerge the whole pot in water, waiting for the glue on the rocks to melt (about an hour). Then I carefully scraped them off. As to repotting, it depends on where you live. In Northern Caalifornia we will work on repotting our junipers this month and next (zone9)

Kits

" wrote:
I recently received a "mallsai" bonsai tree and the first thing i
noticed were the glued on pebbles covering the soil. It's a juniper
bonsai. I have done enough research to know this is not a healthy
environment for the tree to be in and it needs to be removed very soon.
What i need to know is what is the safest way to removed these glued
on pebbles without damaging the tree or putting it into shock. After
these pebbles are removed, should it be repotted or will fresh soil and
a moss covering be sufficient to maintain a healthy tree? Please help.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++