Old 21-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Carl Rosner

Default [IBC] Humidifier information

Dear IBCers:

To those who have indoor trees and use humidifiers, I would like to relate information I recieved after writing to the Hunter Fan Company, makers of very good humidifiers.

I wrote due to the fact that I was getting a buildup of what I thought might be a fungus on the inside of the water tank. I had been adding Vinegar, but it did not do a good job, but the bleach cleaned it up in one application.

Here is a copy of their reply:

"Our recommended method of cleaning on the permawick™ filters is to soak them in a solution of 8 ounces of vinegar to 1 gallon of water. Soak them for 20-30 minutes. It is also acceptable to add 1 tablespoon of bleach to a tank of water and let the tank of water run through the humidifier. This treatment may be done approximately once per month."

Best regards,

Carl L. Rosner

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7

www.carlrosner.com
http://www.yessy.com/arteacher3725
http://rosner.becanz.net

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++