Old 14-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Henrik Gistvall

Default [IBC] Air humidifier

A question on the swedish discussion forum regarding air humidifiers.
Apperently there are two types, warm or cold humidifier. Which is best
for bonsai?

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Carl L Rosner

Henrik:
The way I set up my heater and humidifier, I have the heater higher and
behind the humidifier. That way the heater blows across the cool air
rising from the humidifier. If I was to buy another humidifier I would
go for the heated one. Although my set up works perfectly well as is.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Old 15-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 9/14/2003 3:00:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

A question on the Swedish discussion forum regarding air humidifiers.
Apparently there are two types, warm or cold humidifier. Which is best
for bonsai?

I would think it would depend upon why you need a humidifier in the
first place.

Based upon your e mail address ending in SE I would guess that you
want one to raise the humidity indoors in winter. In this case the heat
generated by the warm humidifier would not be a problem.

However if you were trying raise the humidity in an air conditioned
space in summer the heat would add to the AC need and a cold unit might be
better.

The make up of your water might also be a consideration. Since a warm
humidifier heats the water and leaves behind any minerals from your water, if
you have "hard" water then keeping a warm unit working might be a problem.

Since a cold unit works by agitating the water into the air it
shouldn't leave behind as much in the way of mineral deposits.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++