Old 28-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] honeysuckle to benefit IBC

Tomorrow a group of us is going out to collect honeysuckle, one of which
will benefit the IBC. I'll auction it off on the gallery. Watch for
details!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 29-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Bart Thomas

Good luck, Craig (and Jay)

I expect to be a bidder.

Bart

"Craig Cowing" wrote in message
Tomorrow a group of us is going out to collect honeysuckle, one of which
will benefit the IBC. I'll auction it off on the gallery. Watch for
details!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Craig Cowing

Bart Thomas wrote:

Good luck, Craig (and Jay)

I expect to be a bidder.

Bart

"Craig Cowing" wrote in message
Tomorrow a group of us is going out to collect honeysuckle, one of which
will benefit the IBC. I'll auction it off on the gallery. Watch for
details!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

We dug up a good tree that will be small enough so it will ship ok via UPS. It has
a nicely shaped trunk and some taper. I'll post a pic this week. It's raining
now, so I don't feel like running out and working on it. I'm tired too. Doug came
away with 5 trees, Jay with 3 or 4, another guy with 4, I think Mike took 2, and I
got 2. A very good day. The rain started just as we went out after lunch to dig
up the IBC benefit tree.

I'll post a message on the list when everything is set for the gallery. If anyone
has suggestions how to auction this off I'd appreciate it. Doug suggested eBay.
Would this be ok, or should I just do it myself?

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Bart Thomas

Hi, Craig.

Sorry about that rain...

If you plan to deliver the tree to the MidAtlantic (via Jay), you've got
less than 2 weeks to finalize the deal. If you have to settle through
Reiner, there's probably not enough time to make the MidAtlantic.

If you don't want to restrict bidding to IBC members, eBay is probably the
way to go, as you'll get more exposure (pace, Jim L). It would probably help
to mention that the tree is being sold for the benefit of the IBC.

Regards,

Bart

Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Carl L Rosner

Craig:
I think you will have more hits on Ebay than the IBC, however this is
your choice to make, since it is for the benifit of the IBC, you could
put the starting bid at a certain price or put a ceiling that must be
reached.. If that ceiling is not met than call off the auction after a
specific number of days. You can use Ebay as a last resort.

Good luck and thanks in advance for your generous offer to help keep
the IBC afloat!

Carl L. Rosner

This way the IBC will be guaranteed at least the amount you have set.