Old 02-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] honeysuckle to benefit IBC

Some of you may remember my offer to auction off a collected honeysuckle
to benefit the IBC. Collecting time is approaching! Save that money!
I'll post some pics in the gallery when it has been collected. We
should be collecting the tree during the last week of March. Terms of
the auction will be posted then. For anyone who has done one of these
auctions before, your help would be appreciated in setting this up
fairly.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Jim Lewis

For anyone who has done one of these
auctions before, your help would be appreciated in setting this

up
fairly.

Well, MY first thought would be to wait until NEXT spring, when
you will know with some assurance that the collection "took."

I think collecting, then auctioning and shipping might be a tad
hard on the tree all in one growing season.

Just a thought.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Who has so
much honeysuckle weighing down his pasture fences that he doesn't
need another one. ;-)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Craig Cowing

Jim Lewis wrote:

For anyone who has done one of these
auctions before, your help would be appreciated in setting this

up
fairly.

Well, MY first thought would be to wait until NEXT spring, when
you will know with some assurance that the collection "took."

I think collecting, then auctioning and shipping might be a tad
hard on the tree all in one growing season.

Just a thought.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

I'm open to suggestions, but I've collected several of these, and
nothing can kill them. You can collect them with virtually no roots,
and they'll just grow more.

It might be better to have the buyer pick it up here rather than have it
shipped. Any more thoughts

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

Old 02-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Bart Thomas

I think collecting, then auctioning and shipping might be a tad
hard on the tree all in one growing season.

I'm open to suggestions, but I've collected several of these, and
nothing can kill them. You can collect them with virtually no roots,
and they'll just grow more.

It might be better to have the buyer pick it up here rather than have it
shipped. Any more thoughts

Since I could get to Blooming Grove in a couple of hours, I'm all for
picking up the tree .;-)

That would sharply limit the bidding, however.

Regards,

Bart

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-03-2003, 03:27 PM
J. Gettinger

Hi... I plan on joining Craig on the collection. I have an offer. If the
winner lives more than 50 miles from us, Orange County NY, I will drive the
tree 50 miles or so to meet the winner. That should help a bit. Additionally
I will be at the Mid-Atlantic the weekend of April 12th and could bring it
there.

Jay Gettinger