Old 12-02-2003, 02:55 AM
Reiner Goebel

Default Stolen suiseki

The following is posted for Art Skolnik.

Reiner Goebel
Toronto, Canada
http://www.rgbonsai.com

------------------------------

In October 2002 in Harrisburg/Hershey, Pennsylvania, the International
Stone Appreciation Symposium took place, and took off. It was very well
received.. Nearly 150 people from Europe, North and South America and
Asia, came to celebrate the joy and beauty of Stone Appreciation.

The accompanying photo (please see
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...ast=1029192535)
is a Mohave Desert stone. I purchased it from
Frank English, in California 20 years ago. I decided not to exhibit it
in the Masterpiece Display, opting instead for a larger stone, and kept
this one at one of my tables in the sales area. A week or two later at
home I had a heart-stopping realization... the stone was missing. I
searched my car and all the other usual and unusual places I might have
put it, over and over again hoping to, at last, find my stone. It was
one of my favorites. It's been 4 months now and it's not here. Someone
took it.

If anyone has seen the stone or has any information regarding its
whereabouts, I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me. If
you'd like to return it and remain anonymous, that's fine too. I just
want my stone back. No questions asked.

Please send it c/o International Bonsai Arboretum, 1070 Martin Rd. West
Henrietta, N.Y.

Thank you.
Arthur Skolnik

A famous Japanese garden designer once said, "Misplace a stone and you
risk venging its spirit".