Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Stolen suiseki

I'm sorry to hear that Art had a stone stolen. That's always a bummer when
you realize that someone has ripped you off at a convention.
Over the last few years I find this a common thing ( at least at my
tables). I think that a lot has to do with how "easily stealable" your items
are, as many of mine are. I "lose" something more and more often at shows
and it is USUALLY a carving bit/tool of some type. If it can be easily wiped
off the table and into a bag it seems it's fair game. A stone however is a
little different! But, I imagine at a stone show it wasn't rare to see
someone walking around with a stone!
I've had people say to me " I can't believe a bonsai person would steal",
uh, well, believe it! The idea of losing $20-60 , OR MORE after all your
costs is bad enough ( for years I told myself that THEY must have needed the
money more than my family) but, it's a real pain when you can't leave your
booth to go see demos or eat or anything because you know something will
stroll away!
One thing to look forward to.....someday you'll catch someone!!
Regards,
Dale Cochoy
Wild Things Bonsai Studio

Old 14-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Neal Ross

It is such a shame that people would steal something like that. What is the
world coming to? I recently had 4 trees stolen from my home while I was away
for the day so I know how the loss feels.

--I crucified my hate and
held the world within my hands--
Neal Ross-Marysville CA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 14-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Bill Kovach

Dale - I was sent this from my brother in Vegas not a week ago. . . stolen
bonsai. . .

redir.asp?lid=0&newsite=http://www.gsbf-bonsai.org/GSBF/Alert.htmhttp://www.gsbf-bonsai.org/GSBF/Alert.htm