Old 02-04-2003, 06:32 AM
luc tran

Default [IBC] looking for Do Xuan Tho or any boby who knows vietnamese bonsai species

Hi,

I'm a Vietnamese and I wanted to ask you the American
name for the vietnamese new year tree. The Vietnamese
name for the tree is "mai." I'm looking for the one
that blooms yellow flowers, called "mai vang."

Thank You,
Luc Tran

http://tax.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-04-2003, 12:32 PM
arzoo623

Hi,

I'm a Vietnamese and I wanted to ask you the American
name for the vietnamese new year tree. The Vietnamese
name for the tree is "mai." I'm looking for the one
that blooms yellow flowers, called "mai vang."

Thank You,
Luc Tran

Luc

I found this doing a search on the web:

Yellow Plum Blossom (Mai Vang)

Whereas peach blossom is a distinctive product of the north especially
during the Lunar New Year Festival, yellow plum blossom is attributed to the
south. Yellow plum trees lose their leaves in the winter. Their trunk and
branches are softer than those of peach trees. The trunk and branches of
yellow plum trees can be bent and trimmed into ornamental figures.

Found at
http://www.vietnamtourism.com/vietna...s/vif.flowers.
htm just to give credit.

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Jerry Meislik

Sorry, although I saw many of these in Vietnam I do not know the western or
scientific name of the tree.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 3-4
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/
I'm a Vietnamese and I wanted to ask you the American
name for the vietnamese new year tree. The Vietnamese
name for the tree is "mai." I'm looking for the one
that blooms yellow flowers, called "mai vang."

Thank You,
Luc Tran

http://tax.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Does any body knows...? Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 2 19-08-2004 09:44 PM
[IBC] Does any body knows...? Roberto Alday Delgadillo Bonsai 0 19-08-2004 09:34 PM
Are there any UK Plant Exchange sites that anyone knows of? [email protected] United Kingdom 19 12-04-2004 10:35 AM
Vietnamese mint Kevin Jordan Australia 0 19-10-2003 03:22 PM
[IBC] Who knows what is this? Pedro Amorim Pereira Bonsai 0 12-10-2003 11:22 PM