Old 20-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Shane MacIntyre

Default Trident Maple Update

Recently I posted that my Trident Maple hadn't broken bud yet.
Yesterday I found a few open buds with leaves. I have the maple in the shade
now, and plan on being very careful with this tree for the rest of the
season. (fingers crossed)
Any suggestions on watering fertilizing as it struggles back to life?

Old 20-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Theo

I do not think he is truggling back to life he just wanted to rest a little
more ther is not an alarm clock for our trees
Tridents are very alive and sturdy mine also this year had a very bad
start and is growing wonderfully right now even if the beginning were very
slow..
moreover I chocked plenty of its gems with some winther oil
I do one thing actually
I take 1 or 2 pellets of aburakatsu fertilizer and instead of putting
them on the soil I leave it in a water container for 1 hour than give water
to the maple .. the soil of my trident is just Akadama
than leave the pellets in the container WITHOUT water .. the next time it
needs watering I fill in the container with the water for one hour and give
again
in this way it gets allover the roots some fertilizer everytime I water
... and the fertilizer pellets do not dry out in between as exposed to the
air or sun nor attracts fly or stink nor make molds
The pellets last in this way 15 days about and fertilizer is evenly
dispensed
Theo

--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo