Old 02-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Jon Riley

Default [IBC] japanese maples

hi I was wondering if anybody could tell me wat types
of red japanese maples are good for bonsai. I read in
a book that japanese maple atropurpureum wasn't good
for bonsai, so if somebody could set the record
straight it would be much apprecitaied. thank you

http://calendar.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 AM
Theo

Hi Jon
I just bought one atropurpureum ( in container ) this spring (and put on rock)
and I was wondering as apparently until now, I never run on such atropurpureum
bonsai .. the leaves are so and so
I sow few days later another red one in( mine has a hint of green behind the
leaves and is supposed to switch color during summer ) the Botanic Garden just
planted few weeks ago in the ground with similar leaves but better red I
men the same in both sides , the red is a little bit more luminous than my
atropurpureum .. the point is that the tag just say "japanese maple " not much help
By the different red leaves trees I have seen in the park with "small "leaves
I guess it could be possible reduce leaves a little bit more hence feasable as
bonsai
Theo

--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo