Old 17-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Keith Alexander

Default Maple Problems

Hello,

I have a maple that appeared to be in good health until
last week.

The leaves are deteriorating at the tips. I've snipped
some and left the branches. I soak it 3 times a week for
5 minutes. It has decent early AM sun.

If I snip all the leaves and leave the branches, will
the leaves reappear next spring?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

KA
--
www.nootrope.net
Old 18-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Iris Cohen

I have a maple that appeared to be in good health until last week.
The leaves are deteriorating at the tips. I've snipped some and left the
branches. I soak it 3 times a week for 5 minutes. It has decent early AM sun.
BRBR

Why are you cutting off the leaves? It is probably not a disease & you are
defoliating the tree. don't do that until you know what you are doing.
Where do you live? Is your area hot or windy? You can't water bonsai on a time
schedule. At this time of year your tree should probably be watered every day.
Water from the top only, until it runs out the bottom.
Your maple is probably suffering from leaf scorch, a common problem but usually
only a cosmetic one. For the time being, put it in a slightly more sheltered
location. I have found the best solution to be regular use of Pro-TeKt. It
really works.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Red Maple / Silver Maple What's the Difference? [email protected] Gardening 5 19-06-2005 10:28 AM
Japanese Maple problems Mike Gardening 4 17-06-2003 11:08 PM
Deshojojo maple Problems Theo Bonsai 0 17-06-2003 07:43 PM
[IBC] Maple Problems kevin bailey Bonsai 1 17-06-2003 05:44 PM
[IBC] More Japanese Maple problems Anita Hawkins Bonsai 5 05-05-2003 03:56 AM