Old 21-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] bourganvillea new red leaves

Hi everyone. Until this year i have always kept my
bourganvillea inside under lights all year. But this
year i decided to try it out outside. The new leaves
usually come in green on it a light green. Since ive
moved it outside the new leaves have been coming in a
glossy red..... is this normal? They do change to
green but im wondering why its happening. No change
in the fertilizer im using on it or anything like
that. It is experiencing a much wetter climate though
then indoors.

Ben

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Jim Lewis

Hi everyone. Until this year i have always kept my
bourganvillea inside under lights all year. But this
year i decided to try it out outside. The new leaves
usually come in green on it a light green. Since ive
moved it outside the new leaves have been coming in a
glossy red..... is this normal? They do change to
green but im wondering why its happening. No change
in the fertilizer im using on it or anything like
that. It is experiencing a much wetter climate though
then indoors.

You have a very happy bougainvillea. It is growing where it is
SUPPOSED to be. It has SUN, rain, fresh air. None of which it
gets in the artificial habitat found indoors.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Ben Griffin

Would now be a good time to repot it? I was told that
it is good to repot bourganvillea in the summer rather
then the spring so i was going to wait till august.
But perhaps with this new flush of growth, and as jim
says a sign it is happy now would be a good time to
repot it. I am going to a larger pot not a smaller
one and no root pruning should be necessary. However
i plan on changing out at least 75 percent of the old
soil.

Ben

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Carl L Rosner

Ben:
I am not from the Florida area, but I have slip potted and even pruned
roots on Bougainvilleas year round, since my Bougainvilleas are in my
Green House... They usually come back without as much of a whimper. I do
believe that the Bougainvillea is my favorite tree, bar none!!!

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Ben Griffin wrote:

Would now be a good time to repot it? I was told that
it is good to repot bourganvillea in the summer rather
then the spring so i was going to wait till august.
But perhaps with this new flush of growth, and as jim
says a sign it is happy now would be a good time to
repot it. I am going to a larger pot not a smaller
one and no root pruning should be necessary. However
i plan on changing out at least 75 percent of the old
soil.

Ben

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++