Old 19-07-2003, 02:29 AM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Bourganvillea Repotting

Almost forgot. I am going to a larger pot. The tree
is not root bound and is not currently in flower. It
just completed a growth spurt. I was told mid to late
summer was the best time by quite a few people, and
either right as a growth spurt starts or right as it
has stopped. I am repotting it mainly for aesthetic
reasons and secondly because i think the soil is WAY
to dense and im worried about future root rot.

Ben

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Bart Thomas

Hi, Billy.

I, as a long-time boat owner am very familiar with the virtues of Git Rot.

However, for marine use, one drills holes and injects it into the wood. For
bonsai do you do this, or just paint it on?

Thanks.

Bart
Old 19-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Ben Griffin

If git rot is as penetrating as it claims to be
wouldn't it be very dangerous to the livewood under
the bark? If not do you dilute the product.

Seems what you all are saying for bourgie soil mix is
70% organic 30% inorganic or 70% pourus 30% non porous

Ben

http://sbc.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++