Old 29-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Boxwoods

I've just bought a couple of 'throwaway' American Boxwoods from
local nursery.
I saw them sitting by the dumpster and picked them up for $5

about 1" main trunk with lots of other trunks. I hacked off

some of
the roots so i could get each one in a 3 gal nursery container,

cut
off the dead stuff (25% or so)
Now i've got these ugly but healthy bushes in containers. What

should
i do next?

Wait.

Let them grow for a year. Keep them in light shade, water
sparingly. Give them a dose of a balanced fertilizer once a
month all summer.

Late next winter or early spring, you can start working on the
top, but keep them in the current pots for another year.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7 Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 08-10-2003 06:02 PM
Wintering my boxwoods and other stuff - Zone 7 Allen Bonsai 2 08-10-2003 01:12 PM
[IBC] Big old rescued boxwoods Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 1 14-07-2003 02:18 PM
boxwoods Patskywriter North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:44 PM
take my boxwoods, please! Patskywriter North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:44 PM