Old 15-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Stuart Gill

Default Trident Maple Extensions

Hi All

I have a Trident Maple that looks pretty healthy except it suffers from some
dieback each year, the main problem I have with it is the new extension
growth is withered and brown and very slow to develop into new extensions if
at all - in fact I there are new shoots this year but none have actually
extended instead I have loads of withered looking buds, after about four
months of the growing season.

I also have another Trident right next to it of the same age in the same
medium, but this one is quite happy to produce new extensions that are now
nearly three feet long in the last four months.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Many thanks in advance.

Stuart

Old 15-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Theo

Hi Stuart
I have two trident a new one that grows wildly and an old one about 14 yo
that had a a bad period but now ia ok and never suffered of die back
normally are very hardy ..
maybe has parasites
it withstand cold quite well in which circimatanaces had its die back ?
Theo

--

Think like an Alien and visit your own Planet
Theo