Old 29-07-2003, 12:05 AM
John

Default Another beginner to Bonsai(help?)

Hi all, I've been reading lots of info in here and I've decided that I
would like to try to have a bonsai tree.

I think I want something that I can put on my outside window seal
during the day and take inside during the night. I was thinking maybe
the typical beginner Juniper.(I like the flowering bonsai's too, but
those are probably harder to take care of, especially for a college
student right?).

anyways, there is a bonsai kit online here
http://www.bonsaiboy.com/catalog/bonsai-starter.html that looks sort
of interesting. They say the juniper is about 3-4 years old and I was
just wondering (I've been looking at a lot of older Junipers) If I can
'sculpt, form, make' whatever you wanna say, the tree into a curve
trunk, or is that just natural with some of these trees.

if anyone has any other ideas where I can buy a decent bonsai kit, or
juniper for not that much(my mom may already kill me for buying a
bonsai) I would be very very very appreciative :-)...

I am really interested in bonsai...

thanks

John