Old 15-08-2003, 06:16 AM
luc tran

Default [IBC] bonsai in art

Hi all,

I have one question to ask the entire BIC members. The
thing is that I am an art students, and well, I visit
our gallery everyday and save pictures of tree that I
like. The thing is that, I want to use some of these
trees in my painting. The only problem is that, I
don't know who the pictures belong to. So I asked you
all today, for permissions to use these pictures in my
painting.

Thank You,
Luc Tran

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-08-2003, 10:02 AM
sbudi

Hi Luc,
You can use all my bonsai for your paintings. Good luck.
Budi
I have one question to ask the entire BIC members. The
thing is that I am an art students, and well, I visit
our gallery everyday and save pictures of tree that I
like. The thing is that, I want to use some of these
trees in my painting. The only problem is that, I
don't know who the pictures belong to. So I asked you
all today, for permissions to use these pictures in my
painting.

Thank You,
Luc Tran

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Hi all,

I have one question to ask the entire BIC members. The
thing is that I am an art students, and well, I visit
our gallery everyday and save pictures of tree that I
like. The thing is that, I want to use some of these
trees in my painting. The only problem is that, I
don't know who the pictures belong to. So I asked you
all today, for permissions to use these pictures in my
painting.

First, each picture should have the name of the sender (or
his/her screen name appended to the text portion of the message).
If you want to get permission, you should ask on the gallery in
the specific thread about THAT picture.

Second, not all of the folks who post on the gallery read the
list/news group, and you would have no way of knowing whether the
owner of a particular tree has or has not given any broad
permission.

Third, there always are new folks joining the IBC -- here or the
gallery (or both) -- and they wouldn't be covered by a blanket
OK.

And, all of that said, Fourth, if you are going to PAINT a
picture of a tree depicted in a photograph, no permission is
needed, same as no permission would be needed if I were to do a
detailed verbal description of the tree and send it on -- or, a
bronze sculpture, or one in bubblegum, for that matter. The
finished product would be a DIFFERENT work of art -- unless you
are some sort of robotic painter that can reproduce EXACTLY what
you see (and I'd debate whether that is "art" or not).

So have at it. And you might occasionally post the results.
Maybe WE can do a tree from one of your paintings. T'would be
interesting to see how closely that second tree matched the
original model. ;-)

Old 15-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Carl L Rosner

Dear Luc Tran:
I think you will find that you will not get a blanket OK to use pictures
since no one knows whose pictures you have copied to your files.. In
the future, when you save a picture from the Gallery, you should hit the
home button which would put the cursor at the front of the name of the
tree and type in the Owner's name. That way you can always have the
person to whom you might want to obtain permission.

A second thing you could do, is to post a picture to the gallery and ask
for the owner to give permission...

Best regards,

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48