Old 29-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] succulents as bonsai

Theo wrote:

Shelly Hurd wrote:

I for one, don't consider them bonsai Craig.

snip

HI
I had a friend in NY and when I sow him in his apt ( no balcony and 2
nd floor location and not in the sun either ,I was amazed of the huge
crassulas he had 3 if I correctly reckon .. and all were fine .. the
guy is a travel alcoholic .... so maybe the little care he gave them
probably was their good health passport :-)
Theo

The largest one I've ever seen was in a garden center in Maine. They had it in the
succulent area of the greenhouse. It wasn't especially light in the area where it
was. It was about four feet tall not including the pot, and had a single trunk
that was about 5 inches in diameter at the base. Just marvelous. It wasn't for
sale, but I wouldn't even want to guess at what the price would be if it were.

I understand these grow as shrubs out in California. I'd love to dig one up
somewhere!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] transporting succulents and cacti Craig Cowing Bonsai 8 26-07-2004 03:03 AM
Mini cacti & succulents *picture link* Brian Gardening 1 09-04-2004 02:02 PM
Succulents Katra Edible Gardening 0 21-03-2004 09:32 PM
Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics Shell91 Gardening 4 19-11-2003 01:42 PM
[IBC] succulents as bonsai Peter Le Roux Bonsai 3 30-08-2003 06:12 PM