Old 21-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Default [IBC] Target Demographics

My husband picked up a can of spray paint for my bonsai stands. On the can
was the slogan, "No runs, No drips, No errors." I thought, that's cute; I guess
they are trying to market it to middle-class American guys (who are familiar
with baseball). I showed my husband, "Look at the cute slogan on the paint
can." He didn't get it until I explained it, even though he has a season baseball
ticket every year. Well, maybe he's too old. I told my friend about it, who is
a young engineer & recent college graduate. He didn't get it either. Does
that mean their target clientele are 74-year-old white middle-class females?
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Lynn Boyd

From Iris:
-Snipped-

Does
that mean their target clientele are 74-year-old white

middle-class females?
Iris

-------------------

Nope, Iris, you have to first wipe out the possibility
that the paint company is managed by a 74-year old, white,
middle-class female.

But - could be that men are more closely bound to context
when it comes to words - (which by comparison might mean women
are scatter-brained.) Wish you hadn't brought this up.
Lynn

Lynn Boyd, Oregon, USA

Old 21-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Kitsune Miko

......Or could this be an example of linear vs non
linear thought? Sometimes it takes both for continum.

Kits
From Iris: