Old 23-09-2003, 10:18 PM
luc tran

Default [IBC] science fair

Hi all,

I would like all of you to please help me think of a
science fair project that I could do. I want to do
something that is related to bonsai because I love
bonsai so much. I was thinking on the line like the
philosophy of bonsai, or something on that line. But I
appreciate every idea that you guys can come up.

Thanks,
Luc Tran
Zone: 8b

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-09-2003, 12:15 AM
Kitsune Miko

You could do something on how some trees get smaller
leaves by bonsai treatment. This has to do with
pinching and shortening the internodes.

Kitsune Miko

--- luc tran wrote:
Hi all,

I would like all of you to please help me think of a
science fair project that I could do. I want to do
something that is related to bonsai because I love
bonsai so much. I was thinking on the line like the
philosophy of bonsai, or something on that line. But
appreciate every idea that you guys can come up.

Thanks,
Luc Tran
Zone: 8b

Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site
design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale
Cochoy++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

Old 24-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Philip Diamond

On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 16:35 US/Eastern, luc tran wrote:

Hi all,

I would like all of you to please help me think of a
science fair project that I could do. I want to do
something that is related to bonsai because I love
bonsai so much. I was thinking on the line like the
philosophy of bonsai, or something on that line. But I
appreciate every idea that you guys can come up.

Hmm.. Most things that have to do with bonsai will take too long to
work in the context of a science fair. How about correlating levels of
soil nutrients with autumn leaf color. Line up a row of otherwise
identical Japanese maple seedlings and feed them at different rates.
Measure the soil nutrient levels. Measure the leaf colors at peak.
Display either the colorful trees or dried autumn leaves as part of
your presentation to provide visual appeal.