Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Barb

Default [IBC] FOUND!! A Parslie leafed Hawthorn

Hi all,
I finally found some on my very own property!!! They were hiding under a
youpon plant and somehow I just had missed them..lol.. There appear to be 3
individual plants together, I hope so.. The tallest is about 18" - 2 ' tall,
and the others are much smaller. Now, My question is this, As fall is right
around the corner, do I wait to dig them up and pot them, or should I go
ahead while they have their leaves on them, so I can tell if they stay
alive..lol....
Should I cut the roots if I dig them up? To repot them? all help greatly
appreciated...
Barb
in Zone 9 in Southeast Texas
PS. I also have one other type of Hawthorn.. it has oval slightly serritated
leaves and thorns about 2" long.. and berries the resemble small rose
hips...these are all large trees, when do you take the hips to plant for
new trees and when do you plant them?
Thanks again,
Barb

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++