Old 14-10-2003, 05:22 PM
BW

Default where's the thrill in bonsai?

Whilst searching though past articels, looking to answer this
question, I found this statement: "working with young material
provides the thrill of being able to truly control its destiny". Is
the thrill of bonsai all about power and control, or are there other
things about bonsai you've found thrilling?

You could say that I'm a thrill researcher and I'd really like to know
about your bonsai realted thrills.

I've been conducting interviews with people about their experiences at
the website www.chromo11.com.

If you've got something to say on the subject, it'd be really great if
you'd visit the site to be interviewed. You'll find a set of short,
but careully crafted questions which you can download and answer at
your leisure.

Thanks

Brendan
email: thrill@chromo11[dot]com
web: www.chromo11.com
Old 19-10-2003, 12:02 AM
SAINT

I don't know how everyone else thinks about this, but I wouldn't say it's
"thrilling", satisfying maybe, but thrilling?

Regards,

Leslie St. John

om...

Old 19-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Ab Demmendal

For me the thrill is: how small can i make them without losing the character
as is in the larger specimens.
I started with large and midsize ,now i only make shohin and my current
thrill is a couple of larches and make them not bigger than 7 cm or 3
inches.
Ab Demmendal in the Netherlands

"SAINT" schreef in bericht
I don't know how everyone else thinks about this, but I wouldn't say it's
"thrilling", satisfying maybe, but thrilling?

Regards,

Leslie St. John

"BW" wrote in message
om...
[...]

[IBC] where's the thrill in bonsai? Brent Walston Bonsai 4 19-10-2003 05:22 PM
is there a THRILL in keeping fish? BW Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 13-10-2003 08:42 AM
The thrill of it ! K30a Ponds 13 12-05-2003 03:20 AM
[IBC] Bonsai magazines [was: Bonsai Today] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 19-02-2003 08:27 AM
[IBC] US vs. European bonsai stundents - was [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? Marty & Patty Weiser Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 04:25 AM