Old 09-10-2003, 04:23 PM
BW

Default is there a THRILL in keeping fish?

If you search for thrill in rec.aquaria you get some interesting
results. The thrill of owning rare breeds, the thrill of keeping
difficult varieties, the thrill of feeding live bait to carnivorous
fish, the thrill of your first cichlid breeding... I'd really like to
know more about people's most thrilling aquarium related experiences.

You could say that I'm a thrill researcher. I've been conducting
interviews with people about their thrill experiences at the website
www.chromo11.com.

Feel free to discuss my question here [though I may not be around much
as I'm on about 100 groups at once], but if anyone feels they've
something to say outside your group, then please visit the site and
answer a series of thoughtful questions. I'll meet you there!

Thanks

Brendan
email: thrill@chromo11[dot]com
web: www.chromo11.com

THRILL NOTES:
1. thrill can come under many other guises - maybe you've met with
pleasure or delight?
2. sometimes the tame can be wild and vice versa; don't judge yourself
unfairly.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Pete Gennaro

For me it's the opposite of thrill, it's more like a mediatation

Gazing into a planted aquarium with the room lights out watching the fish
serenely floating about is more like crystal gazing or something. Also the
keeping of the plants and the environment is a science.

Now, catching a 20lb. striped bass on light tackle would start to get into
the thrill territory

om...

Old 09-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Pete Gennaro

correcting myself: meditation, not mediatation

mediatation is what Arnold is getting right now

"Pete Gennaro" wrote in message
For me it's the opposite of thrill, it's more like a mediatation

Gazing into a planted aquarium with the room lights out watching the fish
serenely floating about is more like crystal gazing or something. Also the
keeping of the plants and the environment is a science.

Now, catching a 20lb. striped bass on light tackle would start to get into
the thrill territory

om...

Old 10-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Cam

LOL.....Can you belive this Arnie farce...what a joke...ROF...
I think I would be a tad nervous if movie stars start taking over the
political world. If Bush is doing what he's doing, imagine what old Arnie
boy is gonna do Good Gawd...wots the world coming to.....aaah
well....back to my tanks....

Old 10-10-2003, 05:42 PM
gauloiseguy

"Cam" schreef in bericht ...
LOL.....Can you belive this Arnie farce...what a joke...ROF...
I think I would be a tad nervous if movie stars start taking over the
political world. If Bush is doing what he's doing, imagine what old Arnie
boy is gonna do Good Gawd...wots the world coming to.....aaah
well....back to my tanks....

You *do* remember what Arnie did to that fishtank in that spy-movie don't
you ?

Old 13-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Cam

LOL...

There HAS to be a twelve step program out there.................. madgardener Gardening 15 06-11-2003 03:02 PM
[IBC] where's the thrill in bonsai? Brent Walston Bonsai 4 19-10-2003 05:22 PM
where's the thrill in bonsai? BW Bonsai 2 19-10-2003 10:02 AM
The thrill of it ! K30a Ponds 13 12-05-2003 03:20 AM
help, is there anybody out there! dennis Gardening 1 27-03-2003 01:44 AM