Old 05-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Colin Horn

Default [IBC] pinus bungeana

I bought the pinus bungeana i was talking about. The question i now have, is
that is it acceptable to train the bungeana in a windswept style, or
possible a slanted style? Also, is it okay to prune bonsai during this tim
eof the year, particularly pines? I would love to begin training my new
tree. Thanks alot. From, Colin

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-12-2003, 03:12 AM
Kitsune Miko

I don't know why, but I have wondered if this is the
pine that jumps off bridges ;-

Kitsune Miko
--- Colin Horn wrote:
I bought the pinus bungeana i was talking about. The
question i now have, is
that is it acceptable to train the bungeana in a
windswept style, or
possible a slanted style? Also, is it okay to prune
bonsai during this tim
eof the year, particularly pines? I would love to
begin training my new
tree. Thanks alot. From, Colin

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your
computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!

http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963

++++Sponsored, in part, by Jarbas
Godoy ++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

Old 05-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Jim Lewis

I bought the pinus bungeana i was talking about. The question i
now have, is
that is it acceptable to train the bungeana in a windswept

style, or
possible a slanted style?

We don't have "Bonsai Police" (yet). You can style any tree in
any shape that you think will look good to you.

From what others have said on this species, those sound like

acceptable options, anyway. Maybe bunjin, too.

I'll let the pine experts handle the second half of your
question.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

Old 05-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Craig Cowing

Jim Lewis wrote:

I bought the pinus bungeana i was talking about. The question i

now have, is
that is it acceptable to train the bungeana in a windswept

style, or
possible a slanted style?

We don't have "Bonsai Police" (yet). You can style any tree in
any shape that you think will look good to you.

From what others have said on this species, those sound like

acceptable options, anyway. Maybe bunjin, too.

I'll let the pine experts handle the second half of your
question.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only to the
white man was nature a wilderness -- Luther Standing Bear
(Ogallala Sioux Chief)

I don't know anything about this species, but my first suggestion would be to ask
the tree. Don't rush into it. Look at it for awhile (not minutes, but weeks or
months) and see what comes to mind. Second suggestion would be to post a picture
on the gallery and see what suggestions you get.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Pinus bungeana David J. Bockman Bonsai 0 06-12-2003 07:38 PM
[IBC] Pinus thunbergii 'Mikawa' David J. Bockman Bonsai 2 06-12-2003 03:32 PM
[IBC] styling this pinus bungeana Colin Horn Bonsai 0 06-12-2003 01:13 AM
[IBC] pinus bungeana Colin Horn Bonsai 4 03-12-2003 01:14 AM
[IBC] pinus strobus backbudding!! Craig Cowing Bonsai 8 29-05-2003 05:22 AM