Old 21-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Tony Busko

Default [IBC] Boxwood Plant

Hello all,

I recently bought a boxwood and have potted in a nice pot. However...I'm
not sure I should have gotten a boxwood. Any comments or suggestions about
my purchase. The leaves and the branches just seem to go EVERYWHERE, and I
cant seem to find any pics online of a boxwood bonsai. Please help

Happy Holidays!
Tony Busko

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-12-2003, 04:42 AM
Kitsune Miko

Boxwoods can make nice bonsai. Yes, they do grow
every which way, like most hedges. ou have to prune
and wire to get it to go the way you want. I have two
very nice ones, but no pix at this time.

Kitsune Miko
--- Tony Busko wrote:
Hello all,

I recently bought a boxwood and have potted in a
nice pot. However...I'm
not sure I should have gotten a boxwood. Any
comments or suggestions about
my purchase. The leaves and the branches just seem
to go EVERYWHERE, and I
cant seem to find any pics online of a boxwood
bonsai. Please help

Happy Holidays!
Tony Busko

++++Sponsored, in part, by Jarbas
Godoy ++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

Old 21-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Carl L Rosner

How about posting a picture on the IBC gallery... There are a few very
generous (who make excellent virtuals) Bonsaist that will be willing to
help!

Carl L. Rosner

Old 21-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Craig Cowing

Carl L Rosner wrote:

How about posting a picture on the IBC gallery... There are a few very
generous (who make excellent virtuals) Bonsaist that will be willing to
help!

Carl L. Rosner

I don't know what kind of boxwood he has but there are several threads on the
gallery of pictures of Kingsville boxwood bonsai, including one of mine.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 21-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Tony Busko

I'm having some difficulty searching for the Kingsville Boxwood bonsai. I
did a search, it listed it and then when I clicked it, the message read :
"message not specified"

Please advise, thanks

Happy Holidays!
Tony Busko

Old 22-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Carl L Rosner

Craig:
Maybe you can check the Gallery and give Tony the exact title of your post.

Carl L Rosner

************************************************* ***************************
****
************************************************* ***************************
****

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************

Old 22-12-2003, 04:43 AM
Craig Cowing

Carl L Rosner wrote:

Craig:
Maybe you can check the Gallery and give Tony the exact title of your post.

Carl L Rosner

Tony Busko wrote:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...ast=1069206612

This is a picture of one of Mike Page's kingsvilles. Mine is too far back to find,
and the search function on the gallery is useless as we have discussed.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Nina Shishkoff

I recently bought a boxwood and have potted in a nice pot. However...I'm
not sure I should have gotten a boxwood.

You've gotten some good replies already- I just want to find out if the boxwood is indoors or outdoors. Where are you, geographically speaking? Where I am (Maryland), my boxwood is outside and I'm not going to repot it until spring.

I agree that boxwoods are tricky to prune because of the opposite branching pattern; I tend to end up with schematic-looking trees. But I have seen gorgeous specimens, and happily, boxwoods bud back well and can recover from oafish mistakes in pruning.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 22-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Craig Cowing

I recently bought a boxwood and have potted in a nice pot. However...I'm
not sure I should have gotten a boxwood.

You've gotten some good replies already- I just want to find out if the boxwood is indoors or outdoors. Where are you, geographically speaking? Where I am (Maryland), my boxwood is outside and I'm not going to repot it until spring.

I agree that boxwoods are tricky to prune because of the opposite branching pattern; I tend to end up with schematic-looking trees. But I have seen gorgeous specimens, and happily, boxwoods bud back well and can recover from oafish mistakes in pruning.

What I do with my Kingsville boxwoods is to prune the same way you prune maples--by finding the place I'd like to cut back to, and cut out the center shoot (or section of branch, if it's that large). You get instant ramification. This is especially good

to do in intially working down a boxwood that is bushy. It thins it out and increases ramification closer to the trunk.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-12-2003, 02:45 AM
Tony Busko

Wow, that is so amazing, I hope ONE day mine will look like that. Thanks,
I've bookmarked and copied that photo to my desktop for future use.

Happy Holidays!
Tony Busko

Maybe you can check the Gallery and give Tony the exact title of your

post.

Carl L Rosner

Tony Busko wrote:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...nsaiclub_ibcga
llery&key=1069268723&first=1069715262&last=1069206 612