Old 05-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] Books on pines

Hi Mike,

I'm sure that soon you will receive a message from Michael Persiano, author
of a soon to be published book on Japanese black and white pines. Having
read the book many times, I can safely say that it is going to be the
standard reference for these species. Look for it in the first half of 2004
(probably) from Stone Lantern Publishing.

"Master Techniques for Japanese White and Black Pines"
Bonsai Today Discovery Series

In the mean time, many back issues of "Bonsai Today magazine" and
"International BONSAI" magazine are filled with great articles on black
pine. www.bonsaitoday.com/ and www.internationalbonsai.com/ .

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/
zone 8, Texas

Old 05-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Jim Lewis

In the mean time, many back issues of "Bonsai Today magazine"
and
"International BONSAI" magazine are filled with great articles

on black
pine. www.bonsaitoday.com/ and www.internationalbonsai.com/ .

In fact, the latest issue of International Bonsai (2003 # 4) is
devoted to pines.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - The ignorant
man marvels at the exceptional; the wise man marvels at the
common; the greatest wonder of all is the regularity of
nature. -- George Dana Bordman

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Alan Walker

Mike: If it is horticultural information you are after, a commendable
book is Conifers by Keith D. Rushforth. ISBN 0-8160-1735-2 Published by
Facts On File Publications, 1987. I believe it is out of print, but a
search through one of the book finders should yield a copy.
Alan Walker

Old 05-01-2004, 05:05 PM
Mike

Thanks to all. Hope i can get my hands on a copy of the forthcoming book as
the only pines i am interested in are Black Pine and White Pine.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Jim Lewis

Actually i could do with a good beginners book. The one i have
seems rather
lacking in content just about covering the very basic ideas. I

know the book
by heart now but i need something more substantial. I found one

called
Bonsai for beginners by Craig Coussins and another named

Bonsai: The
Complete Guide to Art and Technique by Paul Lesniewicz. Are

these books any
good? Cheers.

You will find several pages of bonsai book review on the IBC
website (address below).

Craig's book is a good one (with the caveat that NO book with
"complete" in the title ever is). Paul L.'s book is OK. No more
than that.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Mike

Well i'm only 18 lol. I would say most of my generation will never do bonsai
there to into drinking and buying clothes.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Craig Cowing

Mike wrote:

Well i'm only 18 lol. I would say most of my generation will never do bonsai
there to into drinking and buying clothes.

Their loss. I wasn't doing bonsai at 18, but I wasn't drinking either. I was into
houseplants, and was working a year before going to college. How I wish I'd had
bonsai then, but in college it would have been difficult living in a dorm.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 18-04-2005 10:18 AM
[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 18-04-2005 02:54 AM
Books on pines Mike Bonsai 1 05-01-2004 02:42 PM
Hugh Johnson Books, books, books? Jim W United Kingdom 0 17-08-2003 08:45 PM
Great Dixter. Follow up. Books, books, books? Mike United Kingdom 4 17-08-2003 11:32 AM