Old 10-01-2004, 02:13 PM
William Valavanis

Default [IBC] BURR... IT'S COLD OUT THERE!

I just took my son, Chris, to his wrestling match. When I took the car
out of the garage where my finest bonsai specimens are overwintered the
car registered 27F, by the time I got to the corner it registered
-13F... and this is with the 47" of snow (so far and counting).
Syracuse, New York, home of Iris Cohen, has had 68" and Buffalo 29".

I must now go and buy some more kerosene, as I will be needing it
again... then off to watch my son win!

Stay warm and keep a watch on your cold bonsai.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 10-01-2004, 06:42 PM
John Biel

William Valavanis wrote:

I just took my son, Chris, to his wrestling match. When I took the car
out of the garage where my finest bonsai specimens are overwintered the
car registered 27F, by the time I got to the corner it registered
-13F... and this is with the 47" of snow (so far and counting).
Syracuse, New York, home of Iris Cohen, has had 68" and Buffalo 29".

Gee, Bill, you guys should measure your snowfall in yards and feet! ;-) Here in
Toronto it's been cold but no snow to speak of. I have a cold room in my (heated)
basement where I store my Japanese maples, and the last few nights the temp in the
room dropped to -7.9C.

I hear through the grape vine that you had a minor accident (disaster?) at your
studio? Is everything OK?

John
PS - Oh, yes, did your son win his wrestling match?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++