Old 12-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Brent Walston

Default [IBC] Email as attachments

Folks

I am increasingly receiving mail from the list as attachments which I can't
open on Eudora. Recently I have received messages from Nina, and today from
Marty Haber. Marty's was from Microsoft Outlook Express 6. I believe you
may be using some sort of 'instant email' feature which is interpreted my
ISP, spam filterer, or Eudora as an attachment. I could probably figure out
some program that would open them, but these days I am very leery to open
any attachments, so I have just been deleting them without reading them.

Are others having this problem? And, is there anything we can do about? Can
you configure your mail programs so that you just send good old text
messages? For the life of me, I can't see how all this complication is
really making anything better. I'm switching to Linux, I've had it with
Bill's products. Since the wife got XP, she has spent more time tracking
down viruses and adding patches than doing productive work, and that's WITH
Norton AntiVirus.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Pedro A.Pereira

Greetings...

Well... the group-admin might say something to complete the following :-)

Change the way of receiving the e-mails from the list to TEXT only
It worked for me.

Pedro Amorim Pereira _ Porto - Portugal

http://amorimpereira.no.sapo.pt
http://sapp.telepac.pt/bonsai-pt/
http://www.geocities.com/pedropereira.geo

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++