Old 15-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Brent Walston

Default [IBC] Bark Shredder

Folks

Occasionally in the past, we have discussed shredding easy to find larger
landscape bark into smaller pieces that are more usable for our purposes.
HarborFreight.com has a nice little 2hp electric shredder/chipper on sale
for $120. It seemed a bargain to me so I bought one to shred styrafoam into
packing material since buying peanuts can get to be very expensive. I
haven't got it, so I can't give you a review.

HF has more prices than Carter has Little Liver Pills, so use this ITEM
number when looking it up at the website to get the sale price: 09661-2yda.
HF is reputable but can be squirrel-y so be sure to pay by credit card.
They once lost a thousand dollar order of mine, but did manage to cash the
check without any problem. They made good on it though.

Your food processor will thank you.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-02-2004, 02:49 AM
marty haber

I bought one of those a number of years ago. I found it much too flimsy to
do the job. I don't think anything less than a $500 machine could have the
power needed.
Marty

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++