Old 24-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] moss spores?

No moss where you live? Must be a very dry place. If
so, you will have trouble growing moss.

I got my last pack of spores years ago. I work in a
place with automatically watered landscaping. Moss
all over the place, three different kinds, short,
long, and silver tipped.

Kitsune Miko
--- Mike wrote:
i wanted to plant some moss spores around my bonsai
and wanted to know if
there was any reputable places on the internet i can
buy from.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Mike

i live in a concrete jungle, there is barely any trees or grass around.

plus i dont have time to drive an hour away to find some growth.

Old 24-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Jim Lewis

i wanted to plant some moss spores around my bonsai and wanted
to know if
there was any reputable places on the internet i can buy from.

I hate giving
my credit card numbers online, so I want a reputable business.

i tried franks nursery around my way, but all they have is

reindeer moss. i
want light green moss. i also cant find moss growing around

here.

Where is "around here?" If you can find it, that may mean your
climate is not good for moss (Hard to grow it in Phoenix, AZ.).

Check shady spots near storm drains, along drainage ditches, near
stormwater ponds, etc. If moss grows in your area those place
should have it. Local moss is 1000% better than mail-order
spores.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 25-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Mike

I wasnt aware until Billy mentioned it that all you need to do is get moss,
dry it out and the crumple and spread around on the soil. My friend lives
about 3 hours away and has alot of moss he can just send to me through the
mail.

I was under the impression i would need it alive to grow. like transplant it
immediately to the pot.

is it as easy as just taking it letting it dry out and then crumple it? Any
instructions on how long to let it dry out??

Thanks im a beginner with this stuff.

Old 25-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Kitsune Miko

I use sara n wrap (plastivc wrap) over newly planted
moss until it takes. Thsi keeps it damp and keeps the
birds from taking it away. O dug some dry stuff up
yesterday, put it on the bonsai in the evening.
TOday, even without saran wrap, it is much more lush
that when I collected it.

Kitsune Miko
--- Mike wrote:
I wasnt aware until Billy mentioned it that all you
need to do is get moss,
dry it out and the crumple and spread around on the
soil. My friend lives
about 3 hours away and has alot of moss he can just
send to me through the
mail.

I was under the impression i would need it alive to
grow. like transplant it
immediately to the pot.

is it as easy as just taking it letting it dry out
and then crumple it? Any
instructions on how long to let it dry out??

Thanks im a beginner with this stuff.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken
Rutledge++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

Old 25-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Moss dehydrates very well- it isn't dead, just sleeping. It's easier to crumble it into tiny pieces when it's dry.

Nina

I wasnt aware until Billy mentioned it that all you need to do is get moss,
dry it out and the crumple and spread around on the soil.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Follow-up on Moss Spores Bill Sikes Bonsai 0 26-02-2004 02:31 AM
[IBC] Follow-up on Moss Spores Bill Sikes Bonsai 0 26-02-2004 02:26 AM
moss spores? Mike Bonsai 1 25-02-2004 04:07 AM
moss spores? Mike Bonsai 0 24-02-2004 04:04 PM
which medium is best for mushroom spores Pat London United Kingdom 1 02-03-2003 01:18 PM