Old 03-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] ADMIN

A note from L-Serv regarding the latest virus. As it states, the list -should- be okay, but just in case, I thought I'd pass this along.

Let's NOT start a virus thread here. Thanks.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd - List Manager.

The Bagle.J worm spread very fast starting this afternoon.

F-Secure
has now provided a signature, but with the speed at which it

was
spreading, some lists may have been affected. We saw a lot of
rejections (because lists were set up to reject attachments, or

the
lists were set up to reject emails from the addresses Bagle.J

used,
or other such protections), and we have not seen any evidence

of it
actually getting through a list. However, just to be on the

safe
side...

Please do not open the attachments on any emails you receive

from the
following addresses:

With the exception of
, we never send emails

from
the above addresses.

See the details of Bagle.J he

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/bagle_j.shtml

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++