Old 10-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Blue Bottle Juniper

Allen:
I am not familiar with the Blue Bottle Juniper, but I would put them in
the ground (on top of a couple ceramic tiles) for at least a year, and
let them recover from the miss handling. Once in the ground, you can do
a little pinching and pruning letting light get into the interior of the
tree. The tree will tell you when to prune by its new growth..... You
can dig them up next year turn them around and put them back in the
ground for another year if necessary. It is worth the wait!

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Allen wrote:

Major find at one of my favorite local landscape places. They had put
a bunch of 2.5 - 3 foot tall "Blue Bottle Junipers" out to mulch, and
gave them to me. THey look pretty healthy, tho a bit raggedy. I
attribute this to improper winterizing, though after repotting them,
i'm still going to give them a month to 6 weeks to come around or die
before i start working on them. Is this a species i should avoid ...
maybe just put these guys in the ground in my yard, or are they good
bonsai stock ?

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 10-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

I am not familiar with the Blue Bottle Juniper

Could it be "Blue vase" and it referes to shape and color. Larger at top than bottom and with a slight blue tinge to the foliage.

Billy

Old 10-03-2004, 02:23 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

I am not familiar with the Blue Bottle Juniper

Could it be "Blue vase" and it referes to shape and color. Larger at top than bottom and with a slight blue tinge to the foliage.

Billy

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

planting blue rug juniper and blue star juniper sams Gardening 1 24-04-2004 01:02 PM
[IBC] Blue Vase Juniper Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 10-03-2004 02:26 AM
Blue Bottle Juniper Allen Bonsai 0 09-03-2004 03:20 PM
[IBC] Blue Star Juniper Styled Lynn Smith Bonsai 1 28-05-2003 01:56 PM
[IBC] Blue Star Juniper Lynn Smith Bonsai 3 14-05-2003 05:44 AM