Old 15-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] ready made moulds for pots 1

Good Day to All,
Marija,

you can make simple press moulds from plaster casts.
Can you obtain the Walter Foster books on pottery?

You can obtain some plastic clay from a store.Roll
the clay with an old rolling pin or use a short pipe,
like pastry.To a thickness of about 1/4" and press into
your plaster mould.

After about 30 minutes the clay should release it self.

This is a heavily abbreviated explanation.
Got any potters near you?

It is easiest to copy a simple but interesting plastic
bonsai pot.Just turn it upside down on a sheet of
clay and don't forget to seal the drainage holes.
It is also possible to copy the inside and make your
own feet.More imagination needed.

Or you could slab build your pots and need no moulds.
Or just pinch out a pot or coil one.
Best of luck.
Khaimraj
West Indies[Caribbean]

*This method is less messy and gives better results
than slip casting [ which can be done in high firing
clay if you wanted to - slip casting that is].