Old 20-05-2011, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Need a ready made garden?

If so I see Geoffrey Smiths house and 5 acre garden in High Birstwith near
Harrogate is on the market. A snip at £700,000.

Mike

Old 20-05-2011, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
If so I see Geoffrey Smiths house and 5 acre garden in High Birstwith near
Harrogate is on the market. A snip at £700,000.

Mike

""Ready made garden""

Years and years ago, I was informed/taught that to re-decorate your house
'to put it on the market' is a waste of time, because what YOU deem to be
superb doesn't always fit in with the prospective purchaser's ideas and the
chance are that they will come in and rip the lot out and re-decorate.
................ Same with gardens ;-))

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 20-05-2011, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
If so I see Geoffrey Smiths house and 5 acre garden in High Birstwith near
Harrogate is on the market. A snip at £700,000.

Mike

No thanks, not on this month's pension, thanks.

Nice thought, though...
Is a team of gardeners included in this ??

Margaret :-)

Old 20-05-2011, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Fri, 20 May 2011 17:01:26 +0100, "The Brownie" me@privacy net.
wrote:

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
If so I see Geoffrey Smiths house and 5 acre garden in High Birstwith near
Harrogate is on the market. A snip at £700,000.

Mike

No thanks, not on this month's pension, thanks.

Nice thought, though...
Is a team of gardeners included in this ??

GS said he wouldn't have been able to set the garden up without
Leyland cypress to make a quick wind-break. I'd like to see it, apart
from any other consideration, so that I could judge how well they fit
into the landscape.

Pix he
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/14484125
and
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...l e_1_3379831
--
Mike.
Old 22-05-2011, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
If so I see Geoffrey Smiths house and 5 acre garden in High Birstwith near
Harrogate is on the market. A snip at £700,000.

Mike

No thanks, not on this month's pension, thanks.

Nice thought, though...
Is a team of gardeners included in this ??

GS said he wouldn't have been able to set the garden up without
Leyland cypress to make a quick wind-break. I'd like to see it, apart
from any other consideration, so that I could judge how well they fit
into the landscape.

Pix he
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/14484125
and
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...l e_1_3379831

also here on rightmove

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33585101.html

--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com -*- http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk -*- http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Old 22-05-2011, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

wrote:

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
If so I see Geoffrey Smiths house and 5 acre garden in High Birstwith near
Harrogate is on the market. A snip at £700,000.

Mike

No thanks, not on this month's pension, thanks.
Nice thought, though...
Is a team of gardeners included in this ??

GS said he wouldn't have been able to set the garden up without
Leyland cypress to make a quick wind-break. I'd like to see it, apart
from any other consideration, so that I could judge how well they fit
into the landscape.

Pix he
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/14484125
and
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...l e_1_3379831

also here on rightmove

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33585101.html

Thanks. Nice gardens and views; and the Leylands do seem to have
blended well. But the interior not quite my cup of tea...

--
Mike.