Old 17-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Fertilizer salts

For growers of azaleas as well as other plants -- maple,
cotoneaster, hawthorn, holly, Kalima, Nandina, Pyracantha,
Viburnum, etc. -- here (http://www.ncagr.com/agronomi/media.htm)
is an excellent and useful article on Management of Soluble Salts
in Container-Grown Plants. While it is aimed at the nursery
trade, bonsai ARE "container-grown plants."

I've been having a major chlorosis problem this spring and have
been looking for solutions -- adding all the chelated trace
elements has NOT helped -- and have been looking for solutions.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Roger Snipes

Jim,

An interesting article, but I would think that bonsai in normal
free-draining bonsai soil that are being watered thoroughly would not have a
soluble salt problem. In fact the text of the article pretty much says as
much.

I have experienced some chlorosis on one or two of my trees, although
usually not until later in the summer, from time to time. Other than
continuing routine fertilization I have never tried to do anything about it,
although I probably should. I would be interested to hear if you eventually
can correct your situation.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

is an excellent and useful article on Management of Soluble Salts
in Container-Grown Plants. While it is aimed at the nursery
trade, bonsai ARE "container-grown plants."

I've been having a major chlorosis problem this spring and have
been looking for solutions -- adding all the chelated trace
elements has NOT helped -- and have been looking for solutions.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Chlorosis - was Fertilizer salts kevin bailey Bonsai 1 17-04-2004 07:46 PM
[IBC] Epsom salts Samuel Gomez Bonsai 13 20-10-2003 08:12 AM
[IBC] Epsom salts and superthrive Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 1 18-10-2003 12:02 PM
[IBC] Superthrive (was [IBC] Epsom salts Anita Hawkins Bonsai 0 17-10-2003 05:42 PM
Epsom Salts??? Abra Myers Orchids 5 13-02-2003 07:25 AM