Old 06-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Bill Johnson

Default Request Constructive Criticism

Well, I've lurked on this group long enough. I've posted pictures of my
feeble potensai and welcome your comments.

None of my trees qualify as true bonsai, but they may be someday. I do
have one tree that I purchased from Dan Tullius, and it is quite nice, but
I can't take credit for that one.

Anyway, I invite you to look and comment as you see fit.

Thanks!

Bill Johnson

http://www.johnsonacres.com/bonsai/images.html
Old 08-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Gary Biggs

Bill,

You must keep us posted on that willow airlayer. You also could have
heaped about a yard or so of topsoil around the trunk and made it a
groundlayer. Life often presents us with multiple options, doesn't it?

Regards,

Gary

--
Gary Biggs

garyB
Gary Biggs's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=1740
View this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=6980

Old 08-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Bill Johnson

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 11:59:20 +0000, Gary Biggs wrote:

Bill,

You must keep us posted on that willow airlayer. You also could have
heaped about a yard or so of topsoil around the trunk and made it a
groundlayer. Life often presents us with multiple options, doesn't it?

Regards,

Gary

--
Gary Biggs

garyB
Gary Biggs's Profile:
http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=1740 View
this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=6980

Gary,

Interestingly, that willow tree had been injured some time in the past,
just below where I layered it. When I started hacking on it, I discovered
that it had tried to air layer itself! There was a plethora of roots that
had burst out underneath the damaged bark, but it was just too high above
the ground, and they dried up and died back. Interesting.

I like messing with willow trees, but I seem to be in the minority. I
can't find many examples of willow bonsai to pattern mine after.

Request Poulan chainsaw Carb Tune-Up Procedure Ken Shelton Lawns 2 18-11-2009 01:48 AM
[IBC] Request Constructive Criticism Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 2 08-06-2004 04:32 PM
Proposal to log trees burned in Biscuit fire faces criticism Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 23-03-2003 07:20 PM
UK lILLY REQUEST K Ponds (alternative) 0 23-03-2003 04:20 PM
[IBC] Per request of JKLewis.. Donald Henry Shaw Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 02:08 AM