Old 21-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Carl Rosner

Default [IBC] TreeHouse follow-up!

Dear IBCers:
A while back I posted a problem here on the IBC about
the rug in my green house (tree house deck) staying
quite wet, and I was concerned about the wooden deck
possibly rotting.

I had written an article with the help of Jerry
Meislik, about building my tree house over an existing
deck. This is a follow-up for anyone wanting to know
how I made out.

Several weeks ago, after moving all my trees out
doors, I turned off the humidifier; let the rug dry
out (I left the oscillating fan run and had all the
windows open). The rug dried out and the rug was
sliced up for the trash.

After four years with the indoor-outdoor carpet, I was
pleasantly surprised to see that the deck was in near
perfect condition. When I had put down the rug, I had
forgotten that the deck had been treated the year
before with Thompson’s water sealer.

This past weekend, I treated the deck with the same
product and will be obtaining a new indoor-outdoor rug
shortly…. Hope this helps anybody contemplating
enclosing an existing deck.

If Nic Steenhout reads this; he might want to add the
above to the existing article….

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://rosner.becanz.net

http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 21-06-2004, 08:08 PM
dalecochoy

FYI,
several years ago when I had a store I used "astro turf" on the floor. Seems
to last forever and dries nicely after watering. Comes in several colors.
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware