Old 24-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Monique Reed

Default could i graft a living treehouse together?

You could probably even manage the horizontal beams. Do a web search
for Axel Erlandson and his Circus Trees. Here are two sites:

http://www.arborsmith.com/treecircus.html
http://www.bonfantegardens.com/trees/trees.html

M. Reed

Cloned Ranger wrote:

as i see it as long as there were no fully horizontal beams i could graft a
group of trees into a living treehouse...

Old 24-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Cereoid+10+

Sure, but you won't have the project completed in your own lifetime.

news

Old 28-03-2003, 12:32 AM
PaddyS

My only suggestion is to select fast growing trees of your area. Have a go
what have you lost. When you have gone you will be able to look down and say
I started it of, or if you are young you might see the end product before
you snufit.
Paddy
"Moontanman" wrote in message
Maybe, sounds like a great project that your grandkids would enjoy. All

the
trees would have to be the same species for sure.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like

bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get

me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild

caught
please, contact me

Old 28-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Cereoid+10+

Sweet, Dude!

Far Out!

Out of sight!

Up Tight!

DynOmite!

Right On!

Cloned Ranger wrote in message
sweeet! thanx alot!

Old 28-03-2003, 07:56 AM
maison.mousse

PaddyS a écrit dans le message ...
[...]

Platanus acerifolia (plane tree) is routinely sculpted in Southern France to
make shelters for restaurants, hotels ect. The trees have a long life span
but grow very fast.

James

Old 29-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Arborsmith

I have planted 6 living tree houses; I have found others who are doing
the same. These are rings of trees planted close toghter so that they
graft and grow together; the thought is to grow solid walls with a
stone or slab floor.
Perhaps you visualized you house high in a tree, in that case I would
find several large trees and pollard them until you have the desired
house form I think it could be well established in 5 to 7 years.
Richard Reames
Arborsmith Studios
http://www.arborsmith.com
Old 29-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Cereoid+10+

Exactly which tree species that grows that fast would produce wood strong
enough to support a treehouse?

om...

Old 29-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Arborsmith

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message ...
Exactly which tree species that grows that fast would produce wood strong
enough to support a treehouse?

Grounded living tree houses don't need support. If you want to have a
house up in tree I would start with several trees already growing and
a minimum of 1/2 meter in diameter and use the spread of the trees as
a foundation. The new growth stimulated by the pollard cut could be
trained. Exactly which tree species would be strong enough remains an
unknown. It may all depend on the grafting techniques the load and the
wind and the time of year the wind blows. Hard to say for sure.
Richard Reames
Arborsmith Studios
http://www.arborsmith.com