Old 31-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] bouganvilla

Someone wrote about bougies and I just happened to glance over at
the three bougies on the windowsill behind me and one of them --
the smallest (pink pixie - thanks Bill Sykes)) -- is blooming!
It is planted in a Japanese tea cup that my wife (Jackie) threw
20 some years ago. I drilled a hole in its bottom (with her
permission) last year.

So, if you have problems getting your bougie to bloom, just
ignore them for a winter. The flower (bract) is less than a half
inch wide.

Nary a scale on them ;-).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++