Old 09-09-2003, 01:42 AM
pelirojaroja

Default Bouganvilla Substitute

I love the Bouganvilla vine, but I live in a somewhat windy Zone 6. No way
to have one in the sunny spot I'd like one. Any suggestions on a good
substitute -- one that gives a good flush of flowers (bracts on the
Bouganvilla, actually)? Something other than Trumpet vine/Morning Glory?

-- Much thanks,

-- pelirojaroja
"There is a garden in every childhood,
an enchanted place where colors are brighter,
the air softer, and the morning more fragrant
than ever again."

-- Elizabeth Lawrence

Old 09-09-2003, 03:02 PM
animaux

Mina lobata
Clematis (many varieties)
Aristolochia
Passiflora
Thunburgia
Solanum jasminoides

So many, not all hardy to your zone, but treated as annuals.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:35:39 -0400, "pelirojaroja"
opined:

I love the Bouganvilla vine, but I live in a somewhat windy Zone 6. No way
to have one in the sunny spot I'd like one. Any suggestions on a good
substitute -- one that gives a good flush of flowers (bracts on the
Bouganvilla, actually)? Something other than Trumpet vine/Morning Glory?

-- Much thanks,

-- pelirojaroja
"There is a garden in every childhood,
an enchanted place where colors are brighter,
the air softer, and the morning more fragrant
than ever again."

-- Elizabeth Lawrence

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] repotting a bouganvilla Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 2 24-07-2004 08:02 PM
bouganvilla HPBudlong Gardening 2 10-06-2004 08:02 AM
Help in removing Bouganvilla; do all roots need to come up? Jack Gardening 0 31-05-2004 12:03 AM
Wanted: bouganvilla info dadiOH Gardening 0 28-05-2003 03:08 AM
[IBC] bouganvilla Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 31-01-2003 10:56 PM