Old 22-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Fridge for a large bonsai

I have a larch thats about 4-5 feet tall. Does anyone know of a glass
front fridge with digital temperature control. So that i can give it
its seasons out in LA.

Crazy idea yes but i love the tree and can't give it up.

Thanks
Ben Griffin

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 22-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Bart Thomas

"Ben Griffin" wrote

I have a larch thats about 4-5 feet tall. Does anyone know of a glass
front fridge with digital temperature control. So that i can give it
its seasons out in LA.

I'd talk to Dale Cochoy about how his larch reacted to being in Florida for
a show this may.

Then, you can send the tree to me ;-)

Old 22-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Jim

At 09:56 AM 7/22/2004 -0400, Ben Griffin wrote:
I have a larch thats about 4-5 feet tall. Does anyone know of a glass
front fridge with digital temperature control. So that i can give it
its seasons out in LA.

Crazy idea yes but i love the tree and can't give it up.

I use a regular refrigerator during the winter months to assure sufficient
dormancy for my five needle pine. I keep the temperature at abut 34 to 35
degrees F and at that temperature they don't require any light (therefore
no need for a glass door).

Old 23-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Try this site. http://www.bigtray.com/productlist.a...0130&sr=ggawpc

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

Old 24-07-2004, 10:02 PM
jim

At 08:14 PM 7/22/2004 -0400, Ben Griffin wrote:
do you put a humidifier or any fans in there?

I have not found it necessary for either and the plants only need watering
about every month or so.
jim