Old 02-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Question for the Taste Police

Would it be legal to put a bluish green juniper in a plain glazed white square
cascade pot?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 02-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Question for the Taste Police

Better than a white juniper in a blue container ;-)

Seriously, don't see why not. How about trying the tree in the pot for a
year, see if it works? I've had some surprising results that needed to be
seen for a while before decided on.

On 03/08/2004 00:53:03, wrote:
Would it be legal to put a bluish green juniper in a plain glazed white
square cascade pot?

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Marty

Depends upon how you stylize the tree. If it's cascade, it could be
interesting. Anyway, you shouldn't have to ask the Taste Police. If we all
had to depend upon someone else's taste, the bonsai world would be in a sad
state.
Marty

Old 02-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Lynn Boyd

Would it be legal to put a bluish green juniper in a plain glazed white

square
cascade pot?
Iris,

-------------

Iris,
If you feel the need to ask then you do not really like it.
Find something else or you will be bothered by it continually.
Lynn

Old 02-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Craig Cowing

Marty wrote:

Depends upon how you stylize the tree. If it's cascade, it could be
interesting. Anyway, you shouldn't have to ask the Taste Police. If we all
had to depend upon someone else's taste, the bonsai world would be in a sad
state.
Marty

Indeed, but I've encountered a few who seem to feel that their taste is the
definitive standard.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

Old 02-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Steven Wachs

Hey you are the taste police, you decide if it looks good.
however you are in a cold place you have to consider whether that pot can
take extreme cold. Glazed pots tend to break sometimes if you do not protect
them. from the sudden changes. An unglazed pot may hold up better.

SteveW

Old 02-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Marty

Craig wrote:
.... but I've encountered a few who seem to think their's is the definitive
standard.
I say:
Yeah, but we know better!
Marty

Old 02-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Lynn Boyd

Craig wrote:
... but I've encountered a few who seem to think their's is the definitive
standard.
I say:
Yeah, but we know better!
Marty

-----------

That is a great "touche' " - I'll buy it! )))

Lynn
Lynn Boyd, Oregon, USA

Old 02-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Bonsainut

IC,
Legal, sure. Attractive, maybe. Traditional, no,

Bottom line, your bonsai, your choice.

--
Bonsainut

Good growing!
Bonsainut's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...info&userid=48
View this thread: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/showthre...?threadid=7772

Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Jim Lewis

Would it be legal to put a bluish green juniper in a plain
glazed white square
cascade pot?

Sure. Especially if YOU like it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!