Old 02-09-2004, 09:04 PM
caroline

Default beginner

Does anyone have any advice on on the best variety of trees for beginners

Old 02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Shelly Hurd

Hi Caroline,

Sure, we all have advice on what folks should start with. You'll get plenty of advice. What would really help is to know what YOU want to do. Keep the tree indoors or outside. What zone do you live in, or even a large city nearby we could relate to. It's very difficult to give advice, good advice, when the question is so vague. Anyway, you'll get some, despite what I've just said.

Welcome to bonsai,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Old 06-09-2004, 08:11 AM
geoff hobson

Caroline,
Scots Pine and any of our native trees will be fine, and maples too, find
a good book, Bonsai School by Craig Cousins is excellent and also take a
look at bonsai4you.com a very good site The FOBBS site is ukbonsai
Geoff.
please reply to

Butterfly Conservation Dorset Branch
Publicity Officer Dedicated to saving Dorset's Butterflies

01256 410890 or 01747 853475

****

****
--