Old 13-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Timing Dilemma

The other night, at Bill's auction, I bought a 3-gallon 'Arakawa' maple. It
needs major pruning & styling. One expert said to work on deciduous trees in
the winter when the leaves are off so you can see what you are doing. However,
since it is not a common variety, I wanted to save the cuttings for my club.
Bill said the best time to take cuttings is in June. Any way I can compromise?
Would it be possible to prune the tree in February or March, when the sap
starts running, and root the cuttings under lights or in a greenhouse?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

[IBC] Timing Dilemma [email protected] Bonsai 5 14-09-2004 05:46 PM
Timing Dilemma Iris Cohen Bonsai 1 13-09-2004 08:05 PM
Timing of dethatching and aerating Ken Shelton Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:57 PM
Potatoes and timing Dwayne United Kingdom 0 09-02-2003 01:34 PM
Potatoes and timing will United Kingdom 1 09-02-2003 12:03 PM