Old 04-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Anil Kaushik

Default [IBC] Asians Bonsaists

Hi Everybody

Since I joined IBC, I have noted that hardly anyone from Asian region is sharing information about their Bonsais.
There is so much to discuss and share on the Asian flora. Is anybody there? Please come forward.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 04-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Jim Lewis

On 4 Oct 2004 at 6:52, Anil Kaushik wrote:

Hi Everybody

Since I joined IBC, I have noted that hardly anyone from Asian region is sharing information about their Bonsais.
There is so much to discuss and share on the Asian flora. Is anybody there? Please come forward.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

Oddly, through the history of the IBC, "Asia" has been one of
the the least represented areas -- though I don't recall EVER
seeing a member report in from the Middle East (other than
Israel). We have had several members from mainland China, but
they come and go -- probably related to ease of access to the
I'net for whatever reason. I think we have (or have had)
another member or two from India.

Over on the Gallery, Budi S. and Robert Stevens, and someone
from Taiwan are regulars. Unfortunately, many folks seem to
find using BOTH the list/newsgroup and the gallery to take up
too much time (or something).

You can get something of an idea of where our membership resides
by sending a message to and asking
(in the body of the e-mail) REV BONSAI BY COUNTRY. You will
then get a sorted listing of MAILING LIST members by country
(with all "COM" domains assumed to be USA, though that's not
necessarily the case). There are another 500 or so off-and-on
members via the news group, rec.arts.bonsai and they will not
get counted.

We do have Asians on the list who reside in countries in places
other than Asia.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Steve wachs

I have asked for website to Tropicalbinsai and the gallery. For some reason
I cannot access it. I was sent the link twice. I get some error when I try
it. Each time I received it was sent as a hyperlink so I didn't make a mistake
in spelling. I do not know if this situation is unique to just or if it is
difficult to access. If it's just me then there is no problem, but if it is
the accessibility then there is a problem.
It Is unfortunate there so few Asian Bonsaiists. I feel they have a lot to
teach us in their bonsai styles and tree species they prefer. To the Bonsai
artists in Japan and China. I only learned very little, but I find their arts
fascinating and would like to learn more. from the artists. Not just from
reading books but from getting their opinions on issues put out by this forum.

SteveW

LONG ISLAND NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-10-2004, 04:11 PM
sbudi

Hi Anil,
Please check out the main galery, there are many Asians sharing their
bonsai.
Budi from Indonesia
Since I joined IBC, I have noted that hardly anyone from Asian region is
sharing information about their Bonsais.
There is so much to discuss and share on the Asian flora. Is anybody there?
Please come forward.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

****
****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 04-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Ovais

Hello , i am on this list from pakistan, i am located in karachi, and we
have a Bonsai Society here , which is quite active.

ovais
Pakistan Bonsai Soc.
Secretary

Old 05-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Anil Kaushik

So it was great to know that Asia the largest continent, richest in
bio-diversity on earth, has at least two "Asian Tigers", Budi and Ovais!

I will try my best to share as much information on whatever we have with the
esteemed members of IBC.

Thank you