Old 22-10-2004, 11:48 PM
AJCarroll1019

Default ficus cuttings

I have a ficus with multiple trunks that i plan to reduce next spring. all the
trunks need to be cut down by at least half. The trunks are one quarter to one
half of an inch thick. will the thicker cuttings root succesfully and are there
any special requirements for these?
thanks
Aaron
Old 23-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Anil Kaushik

Aaron

Which Ficus species your are asking about? To our experience most ficuses
root easily during the active growth period. Even cuttings more than one
inch thick root easily. But remember to remove most of the leave before
putting it into the rooting medium. Here in India we just put the thick
cuttings in the ground during summer rains and they root within two to three
weeks.

Please let us know the place you are based at.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

I have a ficus with multiple trunks that i plan to reduce next spring.

all the
trunks need to be cut down by at least half. The trunks are one quarter to

one
half of an inch thick. will the thicker cuttings root succesfully and are

there
any special requirements for these?
thanks
Aaron

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 23-10-2004, 05:00 AM
AJCarroll1019

It is Ficus Benjamina. I am in east tennessee zone 6-7. when i first joined the
IBC i created a sig file, does it not show up? What did i do wrong in making
it
Old 23-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Jim Lewis

On 23 Oct 2004 at 4:00, AJCarroll1019 wrote:

I. when i first joined the
IBC i created a sig file, does it not show up?

Nope.

What did i do wrong in making
it

If you are using Outlook Express there's a little box you need
to check (TOOLS_OPTIONS_SIGNATURES ---- that's from memory
since I no longer use OE so it may be slightly diff) that says
something to the effect: "check here to automatically add your
signature to every message." Otherwise, use one of the menu
items at the top of your screen (I don't recall which) to
manually add the sig every time. That was the option I used.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
Ficus Benjamin Cuttings - Help Tekmanx Bonsai 1 20-11-2006 02:51 AM
[IBC] ficus cuttings Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 23-10-2004 11:23 AM
ficus cuttings AJCarroll1019 Bonsai 0 22-10-2004 11:48 PM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM