Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Wiring .......

Greetings all, and thanks for your collective wisdom regarding the
application of Lime Sulfur.
I never thought my simple question would result in such an educational and
entertaining thread.

Last Friday I had the pleasure of spending the day with Mr. Walter Pall, at
Jim Doyles facilities at Natures Way Nursery in Harrisburg PA.
Needless to say, for a newbie with less than two years experience, it was a
very educational day.
His unique application of power tools, fire, and selective pruning and
wiring, turned a number of rather good potensai into very good bonsai.
During the day, Mr. Pall helped me turn a rather "ugly" 20 year old JPN into
an "acceptable" literati, which in another 20 or 30 years, just might be
featured in BT !
However..... during the wiring process, it became embarrassingly obvious
that my wiring skills leave something to be desired.
From 20 feet away, my tree has potential. Any closer and my wiring becomes
the focal point !
Mr. Pall was very kind.
Rather than demanding that I remove all the wire and re-apply it, he smiled
and suggested that I practice my wiring skills.

My next question is .... Other than visiting the local nursery and
purchasing a bunch of sacrificial trees, how does one "practice" the fine
art of wiring ?

Thanks again to all willing to share their experience, tips and tricks.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA (Zone 6b)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++