Old 18-11-2004, 03:07 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Root Stimulant Information

Many of you have expressed interest as well as difficulty in acquiring Roots
products. Those who are interested can acquire the Roots family of products
at http://www.youkoubonsai.com/.

You should also be able to acquire the products in the near future from Stone
Lantern.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Jim Stone

Many of you have expressed interest as well as difficulty in acquiring Roots
products. Those who are interested can acquire the Roots family of products
at http://www.youkoubonsai.com/.

Michael,

Any chance of distribution by a person with the wherewithall to actually put
his name on his business or a real address?

I like to know the name of the name of the pitchman I'm buying my snakeoil
from...

I'm not asking you to provide his name, it was more an observation on business
practices.

Jim Stone
TX

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Alan Walker

I presumed that Youkou Bonsai is owned by Michael
Persiano. I ordered from it. (Although I was reluctant to open a
PayPal account. They ask for way more information than is
necessary, in my opinion.)

Alan Walker

Old 18-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Anita Hawkins

Hi Alan and all,

Alan Walker wrote:
I presumed that Youkou Bonsai is owned by Michael
Persiano.

Actually, I wouldn't presume so, since he didn't say so
Having just seen Michael at a demo in NY, and he said he does not
routinely retail Roots products, which he's also stated before on this
list. Also knowing he lives in NJ, and Youkou is in North Carolina...

... I ordered from it. (Although I was reluctant to open a
PayPal account. They ask for way more information than is
necessary, in my opinion.)

PayPal is a useful service, but has recently been under investigation
as to whether they are doing "electronic money transfer" and therefore
subject to particular federal regulations. Possibly they are
collecting more info than previously to comply with such.

Best,
Anita
--
Northern Harford County, Maryland, USDA zone 6
"I am not bound for any public place, but for ground of my own where I

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Kitsune Miko

I used a mycorrizal additive in my soil mixes about 10-12- years ago. The company seiling it went out of business. Once a feild was innoculated, it stayed that way and repreat sales were not forthcoming. I had excellent growth when using this product.

Now I notice Mycrooizi are popular again. Besides Roots there is a 5-5-5- plant food from Whitney Farms (McLellan, Oregon) called "Life Link" It has 400,000 viable organisms per pound, with a 3 year shelf life. There is another product sold on tap (premixed) at some Summer Winds Nurseries (formerly Woolworths) called Soil Soup by a company of the same name in Seattle. Also the gardening catalogue ??Plants Alive?? has had some mycoohisial mixes.

Bonsaiists and others who change soils regularly may benefit from added mycorrhiza especially if we use materials that are sterile and devoid of such, but any plant from real dirt should have its own colony.

Kitsune Miko

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 19-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Keith

Hello to all!!!

I am the faceless, nameless character to which Michael aimed everyone
towards for Roots products. Michael and I are friends and through some of
his guidance and advice I now carry the Roots products.
I apologize for the anonymity on my website, that was not my intention, and
I will remedy that by putting some personal information on it. For now let
me introduce myself. My name is Keith Smith, I have been on this list for a
few years now. I normally sit back and read comments and occasionally chime
in, I find that I learn more by listening or in this case reading. I have
been involved with bonsai for almost 14 years. The reason I started
carrying products for bonsai is simple, no one in my area (Eastern North
Carolina) carried bonsai products. The closest distributor was almost 5
hours away. I am a member of Triangle Bonsai Society (TBS), and after
hearing several people ask about products I decided to give it a try. I
started with soil first, selling to TBS and its members and slowly branched
out from there. If anyone has questions please feel free to contact me.
. I hope this has cleared the air some.

Keith

"Billy M. Rhodes" wrote in message
In a message dated 11/18/2004 10:49:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Any chance of distribution by a person with the wherewithal to actually

put

his name on his business or a real address?

I tend to agree with Jim on this. Since Internet purchases are by
nature faceless it is nice to have some "relationship" with the seller.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 19-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Keith

I forgot to add one note in my previous submission. This concerns paypal.
When you are checking out, if you do not have a paypal account there is a
place you can click on that says "If you do not currently have a PayPal
account Click Here. This will then walk you through a regular credit card
check out. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to put a bunch of
information about themselves. The reason I use PayPal is, the charges are
less than going through a bank or other Merchant Services companies. This
way I can keep my prices lower. Once again, I hope this helps.

Keith

writes:

Any chance of distribution by a person with the wherewithal to

actually
put

his name on his business or a real address?

I tend to agree with Jim on this. Since Internet purchases are by
nature faceless it is nice to have some "relationship" with the seller.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/
--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

Old 18-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Alan Walker

I didn't order the mycorrhizal Roots product, since I'm
pretty sure that mycorrhiza from one species root system is not
very helpful to another species.
I had excellent results with the original Roots product.
I hope what I ordered is the same thing. The early version
brought a profusion of roots to a tree I had grown for several
years and had still been very unsturdy in the pot. I notice they
are hiding their MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet), so I may be
getting a "new and improved" version. I think Nina mentioned a
while back that she though the main ingredient was humic acid. I
know what I ordered is different in form, since the earlier
version was liquid and this is available only in dry form. We'll
see if it makes a difference.
Alan Walker

[...]

***************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++
***************

Old 20-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Henrik Gistvall

Alan Said it. Some fungus work for different type of trees others only
for one species. I think this is the case with Larix for example. Also.
I was in contact with the swedish agricultural university scince I had
found som fungus im my pots. There where different kindes but all where
just species that brake down dead organic material, not one of them
where mychorizza. The funny thing is I have seen this brown mushroom in
several articles regarding mychorizza. Just seeing mycel in a pot
dosen´t mean you have mychorizza in symbiosis with the tree. The only
way to determen this is to check te root tips. They should be fat and
divided several root tips.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

Old 21-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Henrik Gistvall

Juniper came up to disussion. This is a specis where mychorizza is not
really figured out. Some experts in this field are not even clear on if
all junipers have mychorizza or if they do how it functions.

Henrik Gistvall , Uppsala, Sweden

Michael Persiano wrote:

In a message dated 11/20/2004 5:23:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
The only
way to determen this is to check te root tips. They should be fat and
divided several root tips.
Henrik:

This is far from black and white with respect to "do's" and "dont's." For
example, the mycorrhiza present in Junipers is attached inside the vascular
tissue of the root--not on the outside.

As I mentioned, the Roots Mycorrhizal Innoculant has been engineered to
accommodate most trees and plants.

I posted this information to the group because I am endlessly contacted about
this stuff. I suggest that the adventurous give this stuff a try. I have
been amazed at the visible benefits of using the Roots products.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano