Old 23-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Juniperus Procumbens Nana (Creeping Juniper)---- yellowing foliage

In a message dated 11/21/2004 9:37:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
Was wondering if anyone could advise me about my Juniper Procumbens Nana
(creeping Juniper) which I have grown into a semi cascade style...
Some of the lower 'deeper' foliage (closer to the branches) is turning pale
green, then yellow then dropping off.. Is this from too much fertiliser? (do
they prefer more alkaline soils? ) or is this from over watering? or both?
Also I have noticed that a root prune is definately in order but am
reluctant to commit the juniper just yet considering it's unwell state.
Right at the bottom of the root mass I have noticed some pale 'feeder' tips
Joe:

Ease up on the watering. This is not a fertilizer problem; however, you may
be developing a root zone problem from excessive water.

As for the root tips on the Juniper, if they are not white but are yellowish,
you may be developing root rot. I suggest that you pop the root pad out of
the pot and examine the outermost roots. If they are rotting, let me know and
I will post a corrective procedure.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob