Old 12-06-2003, 12:44 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Creeping Zinnia (Sanvitalia Procumbens)... seedstarting...

sold as Orange Sprite or Golden Aztec

Anybody have success homegrowing these from seeds?
Are these more finicky than others? Any tips?
Are there inexpensive, home propigators for difficult seeds?

I've made two attempts to start these seeds and come up empty both
times. I don't have a propigator or temperature control system but the
house temp is usually within the germinate temps (65-70).

I tried over 50 different plants from seed. About half were near full
germination. :-) Only 10 have really given me nothing.

- Basil (I may have over weeded)
- Spinach (okay..one spot I may have *THOUGHT* I planted seed, but the
first one I know I did!)
- Borage (planted in a bad corner--bad drainage)
- Lavender (planted in a bad corner--bad drainage)
- Golden Purslane (may be up now unless that is a weed again)
- Angel's Trumpet (these were started late, may still sprout in
another week)
- Blue Lace
- French Vanilla Marigolds (surprising since two other Marigold types
were the easiest to start)
- Convolvulus (small bushy variety)
- Sanvitalia Procumbens (Creeping Zinnia)

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)